Play Together, Stay Together! How well do you know your partner?On February 15, 2020 by Raul Dinwiddie
♪ [CUTE MUSIC] ♪ – My name is Emma!
– I’m Jamie. – Hi, I’m Tim.
– Hi, I’m Tara. – Hi, I’m Billy.
– I am Abi. – And we met at…
– I remember us meeting at Toy Fair. But apparently we had met before that at a Board Game club. – It was through a friend!
– Yes. 16 years ago. We met at a party at uni in first year. And I never left. [Snorts] Oh you put the same thing then! Okay! We both put the same, okay cool! – What did you put?
– Firefly. Yes! Phew! – Heeey! Well done!
– Nailed it. Nailed it. And I won! Didn’t I? Yeah, that’s the only time you’ve ever beaten me at Splendor. – Happy Days.
– Because I was nervous. – Rightly so.
– [laughs] Ooh. Alright. It’s possible I’ve not got this correct. Settler’s of Catan! Anything Warhammer! [Laughs] I like it… [laughs] – Terraforming Mars.
– Potion Explosion! You know what. That is true, I love that game. Well let me see yours then! Oh okay, yeah you’ve got it right. You always want to play this and it’s difficult to find people to play it. But you play it with me. You’re the only person that wants to play it with me. Is it wrong? – Uh… I’d say this but…
– Okay. So yes, the answer is wrong. Right, any single people out there can put in their applications to be my next girlfriend in the comments below after this. Yep. I just really like to win. – Me!
– Emma is.
[laughter] – This one!
– Yeah it is me!
[laughter] I’m a really bad winner, and also a really bad loser. The sorest loser and a terrible, terrible winner. – Yeah, I admit it.
– There’s a lot of gloating. I would say though, I’m more competitive but you are a far more annoying winner. You cast competitiveness as a positive there rather than it being a negative. It is a positive! Play to win! – I’m playing for fun, you’re in it to win it.
– Mmmm… – But you’re a good loser.
– Thank you. [Abi laughs] Yes? [Gasps] YES!? – Yeah. No way.
– Nope. – Yes
– Probably [laughs] Sometimes I figure if some games really drag on – I just let him win.
– Yeah. Just get it over and done with! I don’t think I have it in me to let someone else win a game. – I can’t remember an exact instance but
– As if! I’m sure I have.
[laughs] I don’t think that’s true, I think that I actually won. – …Sure.
– No!? – Him!
– Me-ish. – It’s me!
– Yeah. Nope. He’s just that good at board games, well, games in general. It doesn’t matter what we play, he always wins. I regret to say that Tim does win more. I’m just good at games. He’s better at games than me. I think we love playing boardgames together It’s a nicer way to – Interact
– Have an argument. It’s helps us communicate with each other. I think it’s nice to spend time where it’s not at the TV and our phones at the same time. It’s a shared interest that we can both do. – It’s just nice right.
– It’s fun. It’s a nice thing to do. I think I’ve definitely learnt more about you playing games. I know your strategy, I know the way you tend to play. I think that it’s interesting to see how your mind works, as well, when you’re playing games. ‘Cause Em’s quite creative and I’m quite logical so I see the way she plays and think of a different way of doing it entirely. What I’ve learned is occasionally we’re not on the same page at all. So like, when we’re playing Codenames or something and I tend to be a bit ‘off the wall’ with my thought process [laughs] and then it doesn’t really translate if you’re on my team sometimes. Em doesn’t like losing. [laughs] I wouldn’t be as in to games. That’s the other thing. You were way more in to games when we first started dating, so I’ve um… I’ve introduced you to a whole new world! Uh yeah, it’s a slippery slope once you start getting in to it. So yeah. I’ve always been in to games anyway, so it’s quite nice to get you in to the same sort of stuff that I like. Because before I liked to talk about Wargames but she just sort of glaze over. – We like games.
– We like games.