My Coworker Does My Hair 😒 💆🏿 😰On September 18, 2019 by Raul Dinwiddie
– I’m Nikki. – And I’m Evelyn. – And today, I’m going to
be doing my coworker’s hair. (Evelyn groans) – I’m not excited about
this, I don’t want. (energetic music) (bouncy music) I am not confident in Nikki’s
ability to do my hair. I’m worried, I’m concerned,
that she will use this as a form of payback
for when I did her hair, if you will recall. I do film videos with Nikki every week. We work together, you know, we’re friends I consider her a friend, but the idea of her detangling my hair? (Evelyn sighs) It worries me, to put it lightly. – I have been preparing for
this moment my whole life. I am so excited to just
get my fingers in that hair and really work it, you know, really work (chuckles) that hair. – So we teamed up with Design
Essentials for this video. They let me choose my Holy Grail products, mostly to make up for the fact that Nikki’s probably gonna ruin my hair. – That’s not true. – It’s true. It’s gonna happen.
– Believe in yourself. – It’s not my abilities.
– For that’s the place – It’s your abilities.
– To start. – Let’s get this over with. – Soft.
– Yup. (Nikki sighs appreciatively) This has to be a human resource issue. – All right well, first we
have to clean your hair. – Okay. – And as a stylist I usually
like to start, you know, with a bit of co-wash. – Did you say as a stylist? – As a stylist. – Wow, don’t guess yourself. – And this is the Design Essentials Almond Avocado Nourishing Co-Wash. – Yes. – I watched a few of your videos. – Okay. – You know, I know you like to detangle – – Uh-huh. – And twist.
– Yes. – We’re not gonna do that. – Oh my God! (both laugh) Before she ruins my
hair, I love this co-wash because you can detangle with
it and it cleans your hair. We’re gonna detangle, right? – We’re gonna detangle! – Okay. – All right, let’s just
get a little, you know, – You’re gonna put that on dry hair?! – I know how this works,
you just, like, do this, And then you wanna get all
of the, (Evelyn laughs) – All the what? All the what? (Nikki laughs) – Evelyn refers to these as
beady beads (Evelyn laughs) so I’m going to refer
to these as beady beads. Separate and coat, separate and coat, And this is just how you
do it real quick, you know quick separation and coat. – What?
– Yup. This is a wide-toothed comb. And you don’t start here. No, that would be wrong. (Evelyn sighs) You start (Nikki sighs) from the bottom, – I would add a little bit more product. Oh wow! (Evelyn laughs) How do you do your own hair? Is this how you would do your own hair? – I’ve been learning how to flat twist, so I’m just gonna go ahead. (Nikki shouts) That’s a win, look at turn to the side, give the camera a view. – Oh my God! (Evelyn laughs) – This product is really good. It’s more like – it
feels like a conditioner, but I guess it also cleanses. – Yes. Co-wash. That’s what a co-wash is. – I just have to say, I’ve
noticed a lot less shed, – You don’t know how much I shed! – Actually, I saw your wash and go, and yikes!
– You don’t know how much – You know what I’m saying?
– I shed! – Listen, when I got
your hair, it was a mess. – It really wasn’t. – It was a hot mess, y’all.
– It really wasn’t. A lil’ dry, you hear what I’m
saying, but it wasn’t a mess. – I mean, it’s crazy, because
we work at NaturallyCurly where products are in abundance, and it looked like she had
never seen a hair milk, you know, (Evelyn scoffs) a
detangling lotion in her life. – Catch me outside. – Okay, so now that
we’ve rinsed your hair, and it’s all nice and clean
and wonderful and perfect, now we’re going to style your hair. Smells wonderful! We’re just going to add a
little punch of moisture. – Okay. – And we’re going to do that
with the Design Essentials Natural Almond Avocado
Detangling Leave-In Conditioner. This is also one of my faves. If you’ve seen my video, (Evelyn sighs) My Lip Look with Design Essentials, I used the detangling
leave-in conditioner, and it was amazing, so, – It’s an amazing product. Just a little plug.
– You know what I’m saying? I’ll give you that. (Evelyn laughs) (Evelyn shouting) Okay, you know what? More moisture, okay? There’s nothing wrong with more moisture. – Scoop up, scoop up. – Gently detangle by separating strands. – Yes! Look at this! (Nikki laughs) That is detangling. That’s detangling! – So, the honey curl forming custard is one of my favorites, because I do not have coarse, or thick hair,
so I can’t really use them butter whips that
a lot of naturals use. I need something light, okay? Something light, something
like a gelée custard, you know what I’m saying. So, this is one of my all-time favorites. (Evelyn clicks her tongue) – Get it all in there. And then, – You know, hey! Listen this? That’s curl definition right there. You are really twirling
the end of every section, Is this like a three C technique? Do you twirl it in? – You trying to shade the three Cs?! – Because you ain’t got no
definition on that head! – How much, do you use
like a jar of custard? Or, like, just a little bit? – I actually don’t use nearly
as much as you are using. (Nikki laughs) And I get
infinitely better results. – Oh, it’s a ninja bun! This was a 3 Cs – do they
do a little ninja bun – they do a little bun in the front, and they leave the rest
loose, is this what this is? – All right, how do you like it? Give yourself a look in the mirror. You’re welcome. – Don’t touch me! (Nikki laughs) (Evelyn sighs) – I’m speechless. For all the wrong reasons. Look at me. (Evelyn laughs) Look at me! – I really feel like it’s Vogue-esque. Just the style of it is just so, meta. I think she won’t appreciate it right now, because she doesn’t understand real style. Elevated style. And one day, she will. I’ve worked so hard all
my life, as a stylist, to do amazing work. And, you know, you’re welcome. You’re welcome. – As you can see, I went
ahead and re-did my hair, the proper way, with the
same products of course. And as you can see, I
have bounce, I have body, I have definition – all
things that I didn’t get with Nikki’s expertise. – It looks, it looks like, it’s all right. – You sound like a hater. Shout out to Design Essentials
for partnering with us, on today’s video. Thanks for letting me
choose my Holy Grails. If you like these products,
let me know what you think in the comments below. – Thanks so much for watching! If you would also like
for me to style your hair, please leave a comment below. And don’t forget to like,
share, and subscribe! We make videos every Friday,
so come back on Friday, and we’ll see you then! Bye!