Finding Our Colleague Her ‘Ideal’ Date in 24 Hours | ZULA Vlogs | EP 2On February 23, 2020 by Raul Dinwiddie
He’s very doting and caring like a father, but then not- No, I don’t like daddies. Don’t- PD: Hi Brenda. Hi. PD: You know what we’re doing today? Yes. You’re gonna be setting me up on a date right? PD: Mmhmm. How are you feeling? I’m nervous but I’m excited to meet someone new as well la. PD: When was your last relationship? Oh my God! Since like secondary school? PD: Really? Ya legit. PD: Okay, so maybe to help me find you a date right, could you tell me a bit about what’s your ideal type? I like funny guys. I don’t want to say this because he’ll be very proud. Like Hafeez in the office. Meme jokes kind of funny, not the witty kind of humour because I’m not that smart ah. PD: Going into a bit more physical features right, what are some attributes that you’ll look for? Because I’m 163 cm, I’ll prefer someone who is 1.7m and above, so that when I wear heels right, there’s at least a buffer height. Facial features-wise, I would prefer someone who has very manly and sculpted features. I… do not like facial hair. PD: Why? I don’t know! That’s my pet peeve. Like I like erm, guys who are like, clean-shaven. Fashion-wise, I like guys who have that boy-next-door kind of fashion. So, casual but then, they know how to dress up also. PD: Who in the office right, would you say, like looks wise, is your ideal type? He knows this, I told him before. It’s erm, Zhin. PD: I’ve gotten all the info I think I need, but here’s a twist to what is going to happen today. I am finding you a date. Okay. PD: But, I’ll be finding you a date in 24 hours. Oh… PD: So you need to clear your schedule because tomorrow you’re going on a date. PD: Do you trust me? Yes. I think I’m going to ask Zhin first. Okay, so I’m here right, because I need to find- – Brenda a date.
– I have no idea what Leah is doing- – whatever she is-
– Oh my God! Stop. She told me that, you are actually her ideal type in terms of looks. Oh! Do you know this information? Yay! No la. As in, she say these kind of things, but the thing is I kind of know what her ideal type is. Do you have any friends who fit in this criteria? Oh, oh! This one, this one, this one, confirm. Confirm. Oh my God. Confirm! I know he is single, and he is a model. Okay, but I’m thinking is it it too like, fashion-y for her. – No, no, no, no, no.
– No ah? He values his family, he’s very smart, very good looking, he gyms ah. Want to show Brenda now? No, don’t show! Tsk. She’s not supposed to know. You can help me ask him or not?
If he okay, then I let you know. Are you free? Does anyone come to mind? You want this guy? What is this? You not even showing me! Okay, not bad. I think she like the- I think his face suits the kind that she like. Very tall, I think he’s 1.7 ish? Can I see like his dressing also? Okay, like very typical Singaporean guy styling ah. I think Brenda says she’s okay with that right?
Like boy-next-door type. Eh, maybe you can call him. Can’t believe you’re calling your friend. Eh, tomorrow you free? ‘Cause I got one chiobu (pretty girl), she want to go on a date. With you ah. Oh, really not? Sure, why not? Okay, thanks. Bye. I’ll go scout other options first in the office. No need already la, my one is the best la. I know I must find the best for Brenda. – Just cut, just cut.
– I cannot just give up like that. Got any guy friends that you think are single and available? I highly recommend Maverick. Maverick is the goodest boy of Eatbook. And then, for the next episode, you find Chiara a boyfriend in 24 hours okay? Okay. Like I mean you will hang out with people who will vibe with your same personality what right? Ya, so I was just wondering if you have anyone like, who’s single and available. or any of you guys have friends who are single and available. – That has Hafeez’s humour?
– Same vibe? Yes, that has Hafeez’s humour. I have a friend, but he’s a melayu (malay), so like me. Okay. So, the vibe will be very similar la. Okay. He kind of looks like me also. I’ve known him since we were very young, P5 I think. So you just imagine another me la. – Can I see?
– Whether is good or bad erm- Ah, as you can see, he’s a very smiley boy. Are you also a very smiley boy? I do what I can. Oh my God, I cannot tell. Like the photo got too many people inside. Oh I see, is the one next to you la. Food for thought. What a witty fella. Is he taller than you? Slightly taller, by one cm. What’s your height please? Erm, 181? Don’t fake news people! Can you call him? Call him? Ya, call him. Now? Ya. My friend is looking for a date. Funny, at least 170 cm, the face 5 out of 10, so I thought of you la. I never said that. How kind of you. It’s not a prank one right? No, no, no. It’s not, it’s not, it’s not, it’s not, it’s not. Actually, I have a question ah. Yes, yes, sure. Out of 10, how would you rate the girl ah? What? Just kidding. No, no, no, no. Okay, okay. Hafeez. Hafeez you give your answer. Sorry, again? I- I seem to be lose- losing you. Hakim? – What?
– Hakiim? What? Bye bye. Are you, are you busy now? She like the bad boy kind right, but inside is like, good boy. Do you have any friends? Also must be funny one. So many criteria. Brenda, no wonder you single. I have friends that are like that, but they don’t like women. Leah! Yes? Brenda is sitting like, there. Then she’s giving me like- I think you’re quite suitable in terms of like, appearance-wise for my friend. – Oh wow, I’m glad.
– Ya, ya, ya. Do you consider yourself a very funny person? If I say I’m funny, means I’m not funny right? I think I’m okay. – Thank you. Bye bye.
– Thank you, have a good day. Do you think he’ll be able to do that? Like lead the conversation when they first meet. I think so. I mean the fact that he doesn’t know you right, and he’s on the phone, he’s already like quite comfortable. Mmm, ya. I haven’t made up my decision yet. Wah, if this is a success story ah, wah I can open like a dating company. Okay, that’s very much into the future. But I really hope that Brenda finds happiness. Because I have three pretty decent options, I decided that I will compile it on an Excel sheet. There are two people who kind of are ahead of the other one? One person has more of the looks, but one person has more of the personality. So I’m like- Brenda will go for looks or personality? I feel personality actually. But- What the fuck? What the f- I’m just gonna make the best call with whatever I feel is my gut feeling la. I think I have made a decision, so now, let’s go tell Brenda. So, I found someone for you already. I found her a date already. Brenda, is it I’m giving away my “child”? Okay, do you know what you’re going to wear tomorrow? No? I mean I came to work and then you suddenly tell me you’re going to find me a date in 24 hours. I didn’t bring any clothes. Okay, erm, don’t worry. I got something prepared for you. Follow me. Okay, I trust you. Because you fashion de. Tada! Oh my God. It’s like a dream. At first look right, all these things are like, clothes that I will wear. Really?! Ya! ‘Cause I like to wear dresses. Ya, this is very nice. Like I like the silhouette.
It’s like something that I would wear. Mmm. Is like fitted at the waist, but at the end it’s more flare. Yea. How about this green one? Actually I like this eh.0 I also have this green dress for you. Ya, because I think you like this particular silhouette right? Ya, ya. I like the- like this neckline and then the puffed sleeves- Ya. like effect, because it makes me look very demure. But, based on your obvious interest in this dress, I think this would be your preference right? Ya, because I prefer short dresses. Which one do you feel you’re like, yes I want this item the most. I think out of the whole rack, this green dress really like, won my heart. Because I feel like the structure and everything is really like my style. It’s very safe. Okay Brenda, so now you’ve chosen your outfit, and I already found the perfect match for you. Okay. I think, I think. Are you ready for your date? Yes. I’m excited for you, – I hope you find your one true love and your soulmate.
– Thank you. PD: How are you feeling today? I’m feeling great, a bit excited because it’s my first blind date and erm, looking forward to this ah. PD: Are you nervous? A little bit, but- more excited than nervous now, because I really don’t know what’s in store and I really don’t know what to expect, so- Ya. PD: Why did you suddenly agree to come on the blind date? Initially, I didn’t think it was real, but after a while, I gave it some thought also, and I was like, you know why not? If it works out, then it’s good. If it doesn’t, then at least I made a new friend ah. Ya that’s all I- that’s all that matters to me ah. Ya. I’m very nervous eh. No, I’m really very nervous because it’s my first like, blind date. Ahhhh! I think I see him! Dude, he looks like Fauzi from the back eh. He’s not Fauzi right? I can’t ah… Hi, I’m Brenda. I’m Hakiim, nice to meet you. What are like, your hobbies? Erm, I used to play a lot of sports last time. – You know hockey?
– Ooh, yes. Ya, so I played throughout my entire primary school, secondary school and JC life. Actually, I didn’t have a choice ah because I DSA (Direct School Admission) so I couldn’t like change CCA. I’m like a totally- total opposite of you. – Why, you don’t play sports?
– I don’t like sports. – Oh, you don’t like sports.
– I don’t like sports. I’m a more like- primary school I did ballet. Why you so embarrassed? That’s quite cool what. If can, I want to learn how to dance also. Is it? Then after that it was just hip hop. I like to erm- sing sometimes. Oh, okay. Like sing, like, record yourself singing or like karaoke sing? Karaoke. Okay. That’s cool I think my dream one day is to record my own soundtrack. Like, have a- your own soundtrack. My own song. – One.
– Spotify ah that kind? – Ah, ya, ya, ya. I like.
– Oh, okay, okay. The fact that she told me that she did not do a single sport before surprised me, because she did look quite erm, athletic. Even though our interests don’t really align that much, we still don’t feel like, very foreign with one another. So, for example like, she say, I play sports, she don’t play sports. She sings and she dances, I don’t dance. Doesn’t make me feel very distant from her. Have you ever tried like, dancing or singing? In our school, there’s this like erm, ballroom dancing. Did you all have to dance with like, a girl? Ya, each of us- Okay, no, that’s the- that’s the funny thing la. Definitely we didn’t want to do, it was so embarrassing. People were walking past the room and they were looking at us. And it didn’t help like half the time, we were stepping on the girls leg. Ah, oh… Have you done ballroom dancing before? No, but like, I can imagine. When I first saw him right, he looked very well put together, like a very gentle- and soft spoken guy. But then, after a while like, I talk to him, he was quite talkative la. And I was very glad that he wasn’t afraid to share his embarrassing experiences with me. I think our food is here. Oh my God, looks damn good eh. Can we eat the flower or is it just for decoration? I was gonna ask the same question eh. It’s honestly… Right? So, you like travelling? I love travelling. When I was a kid right, I didn’t get to travel much. Then, when I went NS, that’s when I went like, Vietnam, Philippines. My love for it like, grew even more when I went exchange ah. Why do you like to travel, like do you- I love how it’s erm- It’s like, like- Oh, like very eye opening? Ya, ya, ya, ya, ya. Hearing his- like travel experiences, I realised he’s quite adventurous. That was something that caught my attention like, that we have like,
this similarity that we haven’t travelled to- many different countries together. Eh, together? Oi! He earned his own money then he managed to travel himself, and it’s something I really admire. Like means he’s really independent. So, you guys talked about a lot of things, but I’ve got some extra questions for you guys to talk about. Wah, these are questions I don’t even ask myself ah. Actually I do have though. – Really?
– Ya. Because I’m a very cautious person. So, I think, I think I won’t die in an accident. Okay. But, I think I will die by like, diabetes or something, because I have a sweet tooth. And like, I don’t really do anything to erm- Battle it ah? Ya. I just eat. So, I think- This is plain water ah, drink a lot of plain water. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die? No ah, it’s one of the most- fearful thoughts I never ever want to think of. – Wah, can we not- can we not talk about this?
– I’m scared of death also. It’s making me very- Okay, okay, okay. Erm, I went Korea for summer school. Yea? So I drank. Me and my friend drank a lot because that night right, it was free tequila shots for girls. Okay. It was the end of the night, then I- We had to go back already, so my friend like, hailed a cab. I was so drunk, and then, before I knew it, I was like, having that gag reflex. Like I couldn’t take it already. I was like oh my God. Then he just did this. Then I just vomit in his hand, then he just throw out the window. What? And wash his hands in the rain. That friend of yours ah, you should- That’s really a bro ah, I’m telling you, seriously eh. Ya, that’s what all my friends say. It’s something I wouldn’t expect, not in a bad way but like, makes me feel like, if she’s comfortable to share these kind of things then it’s- it’s good la. I was gonna say looks, like if I wish I could look like, Brad Pitt or something you know? No, as in- I’m not encouraging people- I know what you mean. to say like, looks is everything, but- Like, looks play a part to bring you higher in life. Ya, especially for the first impression kind of thing. Yes, correct. So… But then again, I don’t blame anyone or anything la, is just that this question came up and that was the first thing that I thought of la. PD: Overall, how did the date go? Honestly, before that I was a bit like- nervous, not sure what to expect, but it’s- it went way better than I expected. I was comfortable. It felt like I actually knew her from before. I think it went very smoothly. The conversation was very natural. Like, we didn’t have to really try and there were no awkward pauses whatsoever, which I’m very relieved by. He has his little quirks here and there, like he’s quite funny. It’s not really like a ‘in your face’ funny, but then it’s through his like, subtle comments, and like it will unknowingly make me laugh. PD: So just now, I asked you to write down whether you would go on a second date. Here I have your date’s answer. You’re very cruel! Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, my God, my God, my God. Ahhhhh! Ah, I see a smiley face ah. It’s a yes! Oh that’s- He wasn’t afraid to tell me his life story. Like, he really gave answers like from his heart. I would say I really loved his honesty. He’s very down to earth, very very nice to talk to. Generally, I really enjoyed the date, like the conversation was very easy, so like, I wouldn’t mind like a meal, or like, maybe even an activity. To meet someone you met for the first time right, and feel like you actually know her, it’s- It’s nice ah, I think we click quite well. I’m glad she said yes and… maybe I’ll just, ask her out again ah. Thank you for watching this episode of ZULA Vlogs. If you liked this video, let us know in the comments down below what other content you want to see, and don’t forget to like, share and subscribe. Bye bye!