Coworker Does My Makeup 🙋🏾💄😅: Texture On The Runway EditionOn October 14, 2019 by Raul Dinwiddie
– Hey, Naturally Curly World, I’m Evelyn. – And I’m Nikki. Change of scenery, obviously. We’re in New York City for NaturallyCurly.com’s
annual hair and fashion show, Texture On the Runway. – This year we partnered
with Sally Beauty Supply to show the industry
that you can send curls, coils, and waves down the runway during New York Fashion Week. There are six brands available at Sally’s that sent models down the runway and Ardell is our makeup sponsor. So, you know what that means. – What does that mean? – You know what that means. I’m about to mess your eyebrows up. Oh, oh. – We’re gonna be swapping makeup. Oh, God. – Coworker does my makeup. Let’s go.
– (sigh) – [Nikki] Alright, so we’re
gonna start off with some um, primer. A lot of people with great skin think they don’t need primer, but that’s a mistake. Um, and as a beauty guru myself, – Okay. – [Nikki] I know what a mistake is. Okay I’m just gonna … (laughing) – When you’re mom used
to put vaseline on you. – [Nikki] I’m gonna go in
with this foundation here. Oh! See those chocolate
chips are disappearing. – You gotta get the neck. – [Nikki] Yeah, blend
down to your neck ladies. I feel like that’s a good base. It’s a good start. Okay so I saw Jackie Aina go here — – Oh god. – [Nikki] On the forehead, to make your forehead look smaller. And then also she was
like, oh, you wanna go — can you suck your cheekbones in? K, and you wanna do that. Okay, alright, maybe I put too much there. (high-pitched giggle) Alright, so let’s go ahead
and blend this contour in. – Okay. – [Nikki] Brighten up those eyes, yeah? Gonna brighten up those eyes and then you wanna get
the bridge of your nose. Usually when I do my
clients I have a ring light, you know what I’m sayin’? So, you know you could see things better. – What happened? Where’s the ring light? – This is a last minute gig.
– Who are your other clients? – [Nikki] Now we’re gonna bake it onto your face. – This feels incorrect. Wait you leave it like this? – [Nikki] Yeah, you have to let it bake and then you sweep it off your face. Let’s get these eyebrows going. Alright. Okay. – Oh god. – [Nikki] Gonna give you a nice tail. It’s not the best brow
you’ve ever had in your life, but, it’s a good brow. It’s a good base. – How do you do the brows
of your other clients? – [Nikki] Um, now we’re
gonna go in some eyeshadow. – You’re not gon’? … – [Nikki] No, that stays on until you’re
done with your eyeshadow then you sweep it off your face. I’m just gonna go in with a nice base. Gonna go in with a nice rusty rust. Color payoff. Girl, you cute! Oh, look at them eyes! Oh, girl those are bedroom eyes. I do not know how makeup artists do this. This is too much. – Three minutes ago you had clients. – [Nikki] (laughs) – Now you don’t know how to do it. – [Nikki] Mama and sister count, right? – It’s cute, I gave you all this eyelid and you not on my eyelid. You not, this is not my eyelid. – [Nikki] I’m gonna smoke it out. You wanna start with a light hand, you know what I’m sayin’? Oh! That was too much!! (laughs) Oh my god. – Oh. – [Nikki] Oh boy! This is gonna work. This is gonna work. – I can’t stand you. – [Nikki] Alright. So now we’re gonna go
in with some highlight. – Oh you’re practicing? (laughs) – [Nikki] Okay, a little “shimeny shoop.” Alright. You have to create C’s. It look dumb now, but it won’t
look dumb when you blend. So we do some liner. – Oh god. (dreaded noises) (laughing) You’re so far away from my lashline. I can feel it. – [Nikki] I really am. (laughs) – It’s straight across, isn’t it. It’s straight. It’s straight this way. Yup. – [Nikki] I think its
time to put on some blush and then some lashes. You look like you’re ready
for your Quinceanera? This is gonna be great. – Makeup sponsor of Texture on the Runway. – [Nikki] They are the
Ardell professional wispies. And these are in wispies, black. – This feels so high. On my lid. – [Nikki] (laughs) Do I keep my eyes open? I don’t know what to do. – [Nikki] Yeah, just go ahead
and keep your eyes open. Let’s pop on a lip. – And this color is called “Smokin’ Haute” but “hot” is spelled like H-A-U-T-E. Get it? – [Nikki] Oh no.
– Mmph, that was not my lip. Hurry up! I’m ready to get my revenge. I mean, beat your face. Oh my goodness. That is uh … What is that? Oh no. What is this? It’s not … tragically bad. But its not good. So it’s your turn. In the comments, what
would you rate my look? Let me know. Imma do Nikki’s face. – [Evelyn] So here we have Nikki’s face. Fresh face. So we’re gonna start off with some primer. It’s already like taking away some of that oil and shine (laughs) that was covering your girl’s face. Alright, so we’re just gonna
take this stippling brush and we’re gonna stipple. And what you do is you stipple
the product into the skin to get — you look like
you don’t believe me — um, to get more color payoff. This is a tip I learned from, you know, our brothers in the drag industry. You have to put foundation
on your lips too to get maximum color
payoff of your lipstick. I feel like I’m like a white walker. (laughs) – [Evelyn] A beige walker. We’re just gonna oh no, I don’t know how I’m gonna blend this but that’s for me to worry about, not you. Just gonna borrow some from here, and put it up here. – With the Bye Bye Undereye. – [Evelyn] We’re trying to draw the light into the center of her face, right? So what you do is you accentuate where the light hits. Like right here the light hits. Hit. Hit. Hit. Hit. – Oh god. – [Evelyn] Oh where do I put contour? Oh I put it — I know, I know. I put it right here and then I put it right here. Alright now we blend. You have to add the —
see, that’s dimension. – Okay. Oh! (laughs) This is not like a everyday face. This is camera. This is more like a camera face. – Oh my god. – [Evelyn] I really like this color. But it’s true. – I just saw Grace’s
face behind the camera and it’s telling me
everything I need to know. – [Evelyn] I think it looks cute. Have you ever mixed
these two colors before? – Yeah.
– [Evelyn] You should mix them. Where does highlight go? Nevermind, I know. – Oh boy. – [Evelyn] Is that not it? – I don’t know, I don’t know. I’m just letting you do … – [Evelyn] And then you bring it up … Yeah. – I feel like I look
like one of those um — – [Evelyn] Honeybuns? Yes. Oh yes. Cause I really want them to see how you can I’m really going for
like a glazed donut look. – Uh-huh.
– [Evelyn] Oh I see what I did. I should’ve put it like right here. (giggling) – Yeah. – [Evelyn] Oh yes,
we’re gonna do eyebrows. So what you do is you line where you want the bottom to be then you line where you want the — oh. – I’ve never lined where
I want the top to be. – [Evelyn] But you should. You should have. You line where you want the top to be. Can you look this way? – So you just trace it. – [Evelyn] Yeah, so you
make the point neat. And that’s what really helps
you to shade in-between. – Uh, I feel like these eyebrows
are like 3 inches thicker. – [Evelyn] This is how
they’re doing it this season at New York Fashion Week. – Do you feel like
people will recognize me? – [Evelyn] Absolutely. – Okay. – [Evelyn] And if they don’t, There isn’t much to clean up though cause I feel like I did an amazing job. I’m going to use this
Ardell eyeshadow palette. Shout out to Ardell. Oh yes, pigmented. Alright, so now this is what the beauty gurus do. They take like a light shimmer like a light shade, this gold, and all they do — close your eyes — is they put it in the middle. I’m gonna add this orange-y color to the outside and it’s called a cut crease. You’re gonna make like a V. It’s like the greater-than sign, kind of have like almond eyes which is wonderful we love it. Um, but what we need to
do is kind of open them up with some illumination. We’re going for like a Cleopatra kind of look. As you can see this is Egyptian. Wonderful. Eyelashes. Premium Remy hair. We gon’ put some Remy on your eyes.
– Oh! Remy. – [Evelyn] Gonna be upfront. No idea how to put these on. How do girls do this? Alright. Other one please? Yes, Ardell. With these lashes. So we’re gonna take the um, Ardell. And this one is the “Hydra.” Yes. I think that’s it. This is the finished look. Egyptian … – Oh god. – I don’t look like it really. I don’t. – [Evelyn] Egyptian Marilyn Monroe. – (sigh) (laughs) Oh my god, these eyebrows. – [Evelyn] I mean, if you just — (brushes eyebrows) – No. No! – [Evelyn] Closer to
show them the Cleopatra. – Oh my god. No. – [Evelyn] As you can see,
I gave you a Cleopatra. – What is this? I didn’t even see this. What’s that? Ooh … – [Evelyn] That’s contour. – I look horrible. (laughs) (snort) My eyebrow looks sad. They look like it’s a sad stage show. – [Evelyn] They are kinda at a slope. – Look at this.
– [Evelyn] You said — You said you looked like a clown so you might as well.
– Oh wow. We might as well. – You know now it’s not so bad. Cause now it feels like more of a costume. – [Evelyn] What I told you? So, these are our final looks. Um, who won? Let us know who won. There has to be a winner. I think I did … – Yeah. – A masterpiece.
– You did something. Hm. In the comments below, let us know who your favorite beauty gurus are. I love Jackie Aina. – Yes, yes. If you enjoyed this video, give it a like. Share it with your favorite beauty guru. Subscribe. We make videos every Friday,
so we’ll see you next week. – Bye.