AZUL BUSINESS CLASS – A MIMOSA do CARIOCA NOMUNDO virou drinque da executiva da AZULOn February 3, 2020 by Raul Dinwiddie
Today is a super special day
for the channel. The Carioca NoMundo mimosa became
Azul’s business class drink. And I had to be here to launch this super
partnership, right? Campinas-Porto, in the business class
of Azul’s A330, there we go! I’m so anxious about tonight’s events that I decided to arrive at Campinas
airport really early. And that will allow me to show you the Azul
Lounge for Azul Business passengers, here at Viracopos international terminal. And this place is different since the last
time I was here. The Azul Lounge was expanded and it’s
huge now. Check that out! Another novelty is the showers area, so you
can take a shower before boarding, if you want. Cool huh? There’s even a kids area. With this view of the sunset at Viracopos
airport, there is Azul’s A330 that will take me to
Porto, Portugal, tonight. As usual, I’ll board a little before
the other passengers to show you the cabin. It couldn’t be different on a flight like this,
which is such a special flight, right? Let’s go! – Good night, good night! How are you?
– Good night! Good! I’m going to enter the 330 with my
right foot tonight. Here’s Azul’s business class on the A330. I’ve shown you this aircraft before, with its
1-2-1 configuration, so all passengers have direct access
to the aisle during the flight. You already know this seat, how it looks
in the full flat bed position, right? I’ve already shown it in other videos… But let’s check it out again. Here it is: the seat fully reclined. If you want to check out more details
about this cabin, I’ll leave a link to another video, so you
can check it out. It’s such an emotion to be on this flight. I’d like to introduce you to Priscila, this
flight’s purser, who is kindly welcoming me at the galley
with this wonderful crew. – How are you, guys? – Great!
– Fine! – This is amazing! I’m loving it. You don’t know what it means for all of us in the Carioca NoMundo
community. Priscila is preparing the Carioca NoMundo
mimosa, which will be served to all passengers as a welcome drink in the business class of this flight to Porto. The Carioca NoMundo mimosa
will be available on all Azul international routes,
in business class, until the end of February 2020. So, if you fly with Azul, order your mimosa and toast to
all of us on the channel. A toast to all of you. Cheers! – I’ll help Priscila, ok? Can I, Priscila?
– Yes. – I want to take part. I have to be part of this special service. Let’s put it here. How charming is it? Beautiful, right? – I’m sure everybody will like it! – I konw you can’t drink a mimosa tonight…
– No… – But you’re my guest…
– Sure. – And I’m going to prepare a very special
mimosa for you when you’re on the ground, because I know
you can’t drink on board, isn’t that so? During these flights there will be a
special speech to introduce the Carioca NoMundo mimosa
to Azul customers. Look at Priscila, she’s ready. – On this flight, we are pleased to launch
a summer novelty, our welcome drink, mimosa, the favorite drink
of the famous Carioca NoMundo. This is an exclusive partnership between Azul and one of the most popular travel channels on YouTube. And for this launch, Jayme Drummond,
the Carioca NoMundo, is with us on this flight. Enjoy the drink and his great company,
especially tonight at our Azul Business. – Guys, what a thrill! I loved it!
– We loved your presence. – You can’t imagine how happy I am… Before I go to my seat and drink my
mimosa too, I just learned that there is a passenger sitting at 10G, her name is Jane, who is a fan of the channel. So I’m going over to say hello. – You are Jane!
– Oh, I’m your fan! – I’m Jayme, how are you?
– Good! How are you? – I heard you follow the channel.
– Yes! – So I came here to meet you. What a pleasure.
– How nice, I’m very happy. I’m your fan! – We’re together on the same flight.
– Yes, together… – I’m so happy to meet you.
– Me too! I’m even more… – Good, it’s pleasure!
This is amazing! Jane is so nice that I came to the
business class galley to personally get a mimosa to take to her. Let’s go! She deserves it! I hope I don’t get beaten by the Azul team. Because I’m making a mess
on this plane. – Jane, look, today, it’s the first flight of
Azul’s partnership with Carioca NoMundo. We’re launching the Carioca NoMundo
mimosa on board. – Really?
– And I brought you one! – Thanks!
– Cheers! – Thanks!
– A great flight for us! In addition to the Carioca NoMundo
mimosa, Azul Business also has a menu signed by my friend
Felipe Bronze. In a little while, I’ll tell you
more about him. It’s time for me to order now, Victor
is already here. – Shall we, Victor?
– How are you, Jayme? – Everything is great.
– Welcome on board once again. – Thank you.
– Can we go on with your order? – Let’s do it. I’ll definitely go for
Felipe’s dishes. Because I saw… They’re highlighted on
the menu, right? Here it is… – The boneless pork ribs with barbecue sauce.
– Certainly. – Ok. – And I saw there’s a dessert by Felipe, the
“brigadeiro” with peanut crumble. – It’s wonderful. And addictive. – I’m sure. And the starters… There
are two starters, right? – Yes, two. One with grilled chicken breast. The other one with chickpeas. – I’m in doubt. It’s difficult to
choose, huh? – Take both, so the doubt ends. – Yay! Can I?
– I’ll bring both, no problem. – Great! Thanks. And there’s the
soup too, right? – Correct!
– Can I try everything? – Yes. Sure.
– Great. – Victor, I saw that you have two options of
white wine and, as I am in doubt, I’d like to try both, so I can choose. – It’ll be a pleasure. I’ll bring both options,
no problem. – Perfect. We’re preparing for take off now. Azul flies to Porto three times a week, departing from Campinas on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. In the opposite direction, flights depart from Porto
on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. It’ll be a 10-hour flight and I, as always, will
leave you with the sound of the engines. – Hello Jayme! The two wine options.
– Yay! Great! – This is the Cadão Reserva, a Portuguese wine.
– Wonderful! – And the Vermentino, our choice
of Italian white wine. – Perfect! – And some water to go with.
– Thank you! Can I see the labels later? – Sure!
– Can you bring me? – Yes.
– I’d like to see the bottles. – I’ll bring them. – Thank you! Here, guys, this is the Cadão, from the
Douro region, it’s Portuguese. This one… I’ll put it here so you can see the two
bottles really soon. – And this is the Vermentino.
– It’s our Italian choice. – Wonderful! Thanks for the gift!
There was no need… – It’s on the house! – I’ll take them both with me…
– Because you’re frequent flyer, ok? Here are both. It had to be… Guys, who else could… Can you imagine if these bottles break? Oh my! I was going to have to serve mimosa
for the rest of my life at Azul, right? For them to forgive me… It’s here! The bottles are very calm,
very quiet… This is the Cadão… From the Douro region. And it’s the Cadão that I’m going to have during dinner,
after all, I’m going to Portugal. This one is the Italian Vermentino,
which is also excellent. Anyway, cheers! – Victor, I want to give you back these
bottles because I almost broke them. I was going to make a strike here,
without a bowling ball. – If you drop that bottle, it’s better that
you pour it into a glass. – No! They almost fell here. Can you
imagine that? – No problem, we’d clean it up later.
– That’s so me! I’m ready for dinner. – Good. I’ll bring you your dinner.
– Thank you. – It’s a pleasure. Oh my! I’m so clumsy! – Excuse me, Jayme. Here’s your dinner.
The Felipe Bronze Menu. I’m dying to try my dinner. But before that I want to talk a little about
this guy who’s in the picture, laughing and so friendly. He’s my friend Felipe Bronze, a great chef, owner of Oro restaurant, with two Michelin stars, in Rio de Janeiro. If you still don’t know it, it’s a must. He also owns Pipo, at MuBE, an incredible museum
in São Paulo. Felipe, congratulations! I’m very happy tonight. I’m launching the
Carioca NoMundo mimosa, such a special drink for the channel, that will be served
on Azul Business until the end of February, and I get to know that all Azul international
flights have also a menu by you. Not only in Azul Business, but
in economy as well. I’ll start eating, but this time I’ll skip the
starter and go straight to the main course. It’s super tender. It’s shredding. Felipe, amazing! It’s delicious! – Jayme, dessert. “Brigadeiro” with peanut crumble
from the Felipe Bronze menu. I can’t describe how delicious it is. It’s so good. It’s so good. ! I’ll eat the whole thing! I just dropped it on my shirt… – Of course, you have to have a Port.
– Yay! love Port wine. And I’ll tell you a little bit about this wine. There’re three types of Port wine. Tawny,
which is this one, Ruby and dry white Port. Tawny and Ruby are digestive wines, the
ones we drink after meals, for example, with this cheese plate. And dry white is an appetizer, which we
have before meals. Another curiosity is that the vineyards are
not in the city of Porto. They are in the Douro region, over 100 km
from the city of Porto. And the wine production, the wineries, the cellars, they are in a city called Vila Nova de Gaia, which is the city that we see on
the other side of the river. You know that famous bridge in Porto,
which we always see in the photos, with the Dom Luís Bridge? On the other
side is Vila Nova de Gaia, where the wineries that produce the
famous Port wine are located. Well, I’m now at the economy class galley,
right at the end of the A330. I’m with Bianca and Camila… – Hi!
– How are you girls? – Good! – They’ll show us the economy
class menu. – Which is also by Felipe Bronze, isn’t it?
– Exactly! – Let’s get to know the menu?
– Sure! Let’s go for the second round of my dinner! – So, this is a beef “escondidinho” (shepherd’s pie)
also signed by chef Felipe Bronze. It comes with mashed potatoes, candied
orange and a banana flour. – Enjoy!
– Thank you! So, Felipe Bronze is in the economy
class too. Want some? – Did you like it?
– It’s delicious! It’s so good! I’m going to eat everything! – Felipe Bronze rocks with his recipies.
– It’s very good! – And this is his famous flan…
– A milk flan. – Is it yours or Felipe Bronze’s recipe?
– Felipe’s, for sure. – But you bake it, right?
– Us… – Here in this super galley.
– If we baked it, it wouldn’t be so good. – No…
– It would be better! – No! Not really! – How do you manage to be skinny like
that, on a plane like this? – We don’t… A few years ago we were thinner.
– Nobody is skinny here. Nobody. – Guys! – Doesn’t it taste like a homemade pudding?
– It’s delicious! – It’s wonderful! – I loved it, girls! Thank you.
– No problem! Thank you. – And congratulations! The in-flight
service is spectacular. – It’s always a pleasure to have
you here. – I’m so happy to be here.
– Thanks! – Let’s take a picture together?
– Yes! I came to the lavatory to change into more
comfortable clothes to go to sleep. Here’s my shirt and I’m going
back to my seat. Good morning! I just woke up. We’re flying over the coast of Morocco
and breakfast will be served soon. I was so excited about this whole mimosa
thing when I boarded the plane that I didn’t show you the amenity kit. Here it is. I’ll show it to you now. I’ll put all the items
on the traytable for you to see what’s in it. And here are all the amenity kit items. Starting from left to right, a luggage tag,
a dental kit, sleeping mask, socks, a comb, a kit with L’Occitane
moisturizer and lip balm, tissues and a pen. And here’s my breakfast, with dried
tomatoes omelet, fruits, bread, juice, coffee and yogurt with granola
and honey. – Now that the breakfast service
is finished and we’re almost arriving in Porto, I want
to know from you. Do you think the mimosa will be
successful? – It will.
– Sure! – It was a success last night!
– They loved it! – They liked it, right?
– They really did! – Does that mean I can go on as crew
member? – Sure!
– Yes, you can! – Where’s my badge?
– An honorary flight attendant! – I’ve attended classes at UniAzul.
I’m ready to start. – You’re ready!
– Welcome, then! – I want my uniform, huh!
– Yes! – Guys, I loved it. I want to thank you all. Thanks for the love. You don’t know
how happy I am to have been part of that first flight
of the Carioca NoMundo mimosa. – Thank you! – Thank you very much! – Thank you for sharing your knowledge
with us. – I’m happy to be here with you.
Thank you very much! We’re approaching the moment of landing
on this sunny morning and look how beautiful these images of
the region of Porto and the Douro River are. Good morning, Portugal! – Victor, thank you so much for everything!
It was a great flight! – Thanks, Jayme, it was a pleasure.
– Thanks! See you soon! – Bye! Thank you! – Hope to see you on board soon!
– We’ll see each other soon, right? – Sure!
– Thank you, girls! We arrived in Porto and this is the
end of a historic flight. Give this video a like, subscribe to
the channel and follow me on Instagram
@carioca_nomundo. Thanks and see you soon!